Homemade Protein Bars
I don’t know about you, but I HAVE to have snacks with me whenever I leave the house. I mean, you never know when hunger will strike 🤷🏼♀️😉. These babies are creation by my husband and they are AMAZING. We've mixed up our recipes with protein bars a few times, but these have by far turned out the BEST! I'm a huge fan of homemade bars because most protein bars on the market are highly processed, loaded with artificial sweeteners, and very high in sugar. Homemade bars are so easy and much healthier. Plus, because they are so high it nutrients, they keep you fuller longer. This recipe is really simple. All you need are some oats, a variety of nuts and seeds, Lily’s Vegan Chocolate Chips (stevia sweetened), unsweetened peanut butter, cacao butter, vanilla protein powder, cacao, and Stevia (or xylitol) to taste. Some of you who have been following my recipes for awhile now know that my husband and I aren't huge on accurately measuring ingredients, so feel free to adjust as needed.
What you need:
2 cups of organic quick oats
1/2 cup of Lily's Vegan Chocolate Chips, stevia sweetened
1/2-1 cup of a variety of nuts and seeds. (Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and pecans are our go tos)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (we use Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein)
1/4 cup cacao butter
1 tbsp. of Brain Octane Oil (can sub with melted coconut oil)
1 tbsp. cacao powder
2 heaping tbsp of Peanut Butter, unsweetened
Stevia (or xylitol) to taste
What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, stevia, and protein until well mixed.
2. Set bowl aside. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the cacao butter and peanut butter. Stir until well melted and mixed. Then add oil and cacao powder. Mix well.
3. Remove sauce pan from heat and pour the mixture into the bowl with the oat mixture. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
4. Pour the contents into an 8x8 baking dish. Press down with fingers so that the mixture is firmly packed in the baking dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator and allow to cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Remove from fridge and cut into even pieces. Can be cut into small squares or rectangles, whichever works for you!
6. Keep them stored in the fridge and enjoy!
**Tip: If you find that they are too crumbly for you, try adding a sticky sweetener like honey to hold the ingredients together better.
There you have it! Quick & Easy homemade protein bars! Give them a try and let me know how they turn out, I'd love to hear from you!
Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss my latest recipes, health, and fitness tips and tricks.
Visit my website at www.jordanwavra.com to see how I can support you on your health and fitness journey. If you know you're ready to take action towards becoming a healthier, happier version of you, then email me at email@example.com to chat about your next steps!