Chocolate Avocado Muffins
It's been a hot minute since I've shared a recipe on my blog, but I'm making it a goal to get better at staying consistent with it! I work with a lot of moms and one of the things they usually all ask me is "What are some healthy snack ideas for my little ones that they'll actually eat?"
Well, fortunately I've got some ideas. Even better, I have a toddler now to test them out on. He's not afraid to tell me if something is "gross." These chocolate avocado muffins were a HIT. Seriously, between my son and my husband the whole batch was gone in two days.
These muffins are free of refined sugars, packed with extra protein from the almond flour, AND have the extra benefits of avocado. Avocados are PACKED full of nutrients including fiber, healthy fats, vitamins K, C, E, B5 &6, and even more potassium than bananas. Let's face it, avocados are awesome.
The best part about this recipe is that you can throw all the ingredients into a blender and viola. Here's what you need:
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup avocado
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder, gluten free
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup Lily's Vegan Chocolate Chips, no sugar added
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and either grease a muffin pan with coconut oil, or line it with muffin liners.
2. Place all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, into a food processor or blender. Blend together until smooth.
3. Add in chocolate chips and mix with a spatula until well mixed.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, or large table spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
That's all there is to it! Let me know how these turn out for you! I'd love your feedback. If you're looking for even more healthy recipes the whole family will love, my new eCookbook is now available! Included are 60+ whole food recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! You can find it here!
Until next time!